NFS failure

Jeff Elkins jeffelkins at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 8 19:39:54 UTC 2004

On Thursday 08 April 2004 01:05 pm, Fulko.Hew at sita.aero wrote:
>Damian Menscher <menscher at uiuc.edu>@redhat.com on 04/07/2004 04:57:13 PM
>
>wrote:
>> On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Jeff Elkins wrote:
>> > I'm getting failure messages on my nfs mounts i.e. :
>> >
>> > mount to NFS server 'music.elkins' failed: server is down.
>> >
>> > nsfd appears to be running and I didn't see anything suspicious in the
>
>logs.
>
>> > The servers are up and running and have other clients connected.
>>
>> You didn't mention what steps you took to debug it:
>>
>> Can you ping the server?
>> What is the output of rpcinfo -p servername?
>> Does the server have access restrictions (firewall, TCP Wrappers, etc)?
>
>I have the same symptoms...
>rpcinfo says that nfs et.al. are running.
>
>Something has changed in test 2, since the same PC running RH9
>accesses that host just fine.

Ditto here. These boxes exporting nfs dirs are not firewalled and have no
access restrictions for other clients in the network. They work fine for all
clients except for the one running FC2. I can reboot the FC2 box into Debian
and it mounts the directories as expected. I seriously doubt that the nfs
servers are at fault.

Jeff Elkins