Broken module reiserfs symbol sleep_on in kernel-2.6.5-1.308

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Thu Apr 8 22:46:17 UTC 2004

Jesus D wrote:
> Hi :
>
>   Notes: In this moment run FC2 test2 with kernel tree
> 2.6.5 and working perfect reiserfs, 3D ati mobile 9600
> with new X11.org, sonido,vmware 4.5.1,  etc.etc.
>
>   Iam update kernel in fc2 test a 2.6.5-1.308 both
> recive errors in module Reiserfs:
>
> [root at toshiba root]# up2date
> http://fedora.redhat.com/download/up2date-mirrors/fedora-core-rawhide
> using mirror:
> http://mirror.hiwaay.net/redhat/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/
> /usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/checklist.py:139:
> DeprecationWarning: integer argument expected, got
> float
>   info  = self.get_selection_info (event.x, event.y)
> /etc/security/selinux/file_contexts: No such file or
> directory
> New Up2date available
> /etc/security/selinux/file_contexts: No such file or
> directory
> WARNING:
> /lib/modules/2.6.5-1.308/unsupported/fs/reiserfs/reiserfs.ko
> needs unknown symbol sleep_on
> New Up2date available
> [root at toshiba root]#
>
> Helpme please, Any idea?

I am trying vmware 4.5.1 and also got this error when trying to upgrade
to the new kernel. I had to edit grub.conf manually and then generate an
initrd.img for both the up and the smp kernels.

The kernels seemed to boot successfully with the manual intervention.

As to the problem in general. I think a bug report should be submitted.

I still don't have X up and running. I did manage to get all of the
latest updates to download, after removing ethereal from the mix.

When I did the initial install, I chose linux with a 2.6 kernel. Which
choice did you make for the OS type? (RHL, RHEL or another type?)

Jim

Domestic happiness and faithful friends.