synaptics was Re: Touchpad don't recognize "double tap"

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at princeton.edu
Fri Apr 9 04:22:51 UTC 2004

Matthew Miller:

> It might be nice if this were named something different -- as it
> is, it's confusingly close to "synaptic", the APT GUI....

Press this point too hard and its not going to end the way you expect.
You have just step into the legalese of trademarks. If its actually
confusingly close in a trademark sense, you might not actually like the
remedy at all.

But while were at it... can we please change xemacs name
its a letter away from the emacs packagename, very confusing.

-jef"if this argument really holds even when the functionality of the
two pieces of software are vastly different, the gaim project is surely
in violation of trademark laws"spaleta