GIMP with the new fileselector

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Fri Apr 9 22:08:32 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 14:21 -0400, netopml at newview.com wrote:

> knxmay001 at mail.uct.ac.za (Maynard Kuona) writes:
> > > http://fedora.redhat.com/about/objectives.html
> > >
> > > "Do as much of the development work as possible directly in the upstream
> > > packages"
> > >

> > I realise, but gimp is not going to go to the new file chooser too soon
> > either. Its kind of nice to use the new selector instead since it is so
> > much better. I suppose we will be stuck with the old one for a while
> > then. As long as the gimp people target GTK2.0 for their development.
>
> A patch could be created and sent to the gimp developers whose goal would
> be to enable an compilation time option in order to use the new
> selector...

Either of these should be reasonable options (upstream preferred.. but
that probably will not be possible for FC2 release).  There are numerous
patches applied in SRPMs, and IF this can be done by a simple patch it
would help improve the desktop (uniformity goes along way) -- but we are
discussing an application that is difficult to use in general, so it is
a minor improvement.  I do not see either being done for FC2..
--
Andrew Farris, CPE senior (California Polytechnic University, SLO)
fedora at andrewfarris.com :: lmorgul on freenode