Question about update policy / policy-sources to 1.10.2-4

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Sat Apr 10 08:42:24 UTC 2004

I just updated policy and policy-sources packages. Because of problems
with up2date (since the last update to prog hangs after fetching the rpm
headers - no, the mirror is quick and responsive) I had to download
manually and did an installation with rpm -U policy*

I got warnings:
  .../policy.[15-16]  created as .../policy.??.rpmnew

Question 1: what is the preferred method using rpm? -U seems to be wrong
because the new files will not be installed.

Then I got an error message:

  Error: %post(policy-1.20.2-4) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

without any further hint. And after that msg another warning about
./src/policy/policy.conf being saved as policy.conf.rpmsave

SELinux is currently disabled here. I just feel I should study the docs
first :-). So there should be no probl here. But did anyone got that
error message, too?

Peter