Kernel 2.6.5-1.309 & Nvidia & 4KSTACKS

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Sat Apr 10 09:01:59 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-10 at 02:36 -0400, alton bailey wrote:

> which of the Nvidia card wre you using all my system is using Nvidia card I
> REDHAT 7 8 9 FC1 & FC2 on the same card and the only problem I was the mouse
> problem in 2.6.3.1 kernel because of the new rule from /dev/mouse  to
> /dev/input/mice but other than that everything is fine and dandy my card is
> a Nvidia GForce 4 MX. At the moment I am running  kernel 2.6.5.315 and it is
> smooth as it can be

The problem is related to the nVIDIA kernel module for AGP -- if you
don't use their proprietary driver you will not see this condition
arise.  The problem is not use of an nVIDIA card, but use of their
driver for 3D accelerated rendering with that card.
Knowing the kernel version you're using without the driver version does
not help much (but I suspect you are not using the driver in question).
--
Andrew Farris, CPE senior (California Polytechnic University, SLO)
fedora at andrewfarris.com :: lmorgul on freenode