New updates (from 4/5) causing problem getting into gnome

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sat Apr 10 11:26:10 UTC 2004

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 16:35, Brian Bober <netdemonz at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I started with selinux=0 kernel param and no problems. I think I'll leave
> it with selinux off until test 3. When do you think that'll be?

Providing that you have a few basic files labeled correctly (init, mingetty,
login, gdm, and sshd) the machine should run fine in permissive mode (append
enforcing=0 to the kernel command line) no matter how badly the rest of it is
messed up.

If you boot the machine in permissive mode then you will have AVC messages
logged about operations that would be denied if you were in enforcing mode
(so your machine will still work).  If you send us these messages then we can
help you fix the problems.