xine/gxine

jim tate mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 11 02:41:34 UTC 2004

Maynard Kuona wrote:

>On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 01:17, jim tate wrote:
>

>>Does anyone know where I can find Xine and Gxine without a  lot dependency
>>problems?  For fedora2 test2.
>>
>>Thanks
>>Jim Tate
>>

>I suggest you try rpm.livna.org. I think you may get totem instead of
>gxine too.

Thanks for the info, but livna.org still leaves me out in the cold
because of two dependant files libaa.so.1  and libfame.0.9.so.0 , that
can be installed into fedora2 using xorg-x11, instead XFree86 which is
what these two files need as their dependencies.
This D--n dependency problem in Linux SUCKS and is going to be a big problem
for Linux as a viable Desktop.

Thanks
Jim Tate