Rebuilt iso boots

Hannes Mayer h.mayer at inode.at
Sun Apr 11 08:17:53 UTC 2004

Hannes Mayer wrote:
> So I just created another fresh image with the options above:
> mkisofs -A "FC/1.91 i386" -V "FC/1.91 i386" -J -R -v -T -x ./lost+found
> -o /home/cap/FC2test2-CD1_ori.iso -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c
> isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table .

...another followup on the FC2test2-CD1 boot problem:

I had a look into the mkisofs source code and then tried to make
an iso image without the option -boot-info-table.

Now the isolinux.bin isn't modified (exactly the same as on FC2test2-CD1),
but the boot.cat is still different.

Well, the image without -boot-info-table doesn't boot:
ISOLINUX 2.00 2003-12-12 isolinux: Image checksum error, sorry...
Boot failed: press a key to retry...

Chris, I just realized that you posted the mkisofs options for
FC2-re0325.0-i386-disc1-ftp.iso
Do you have the FC1-CD1 iso somewhere around and could you post the
mkisofs options for that one too ? Thanks!

Well, not much progress, but I stick with it and keep you all posted!

Cheers,
Hannes.