MRTG is broken in Fedora test 1.91

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at merl.com
Mon Apr 12 18:27:20 UTC 2004

I keep getting cronjob failures with the mrtg in 1.91: apparently, the perl
in the mrtg and similar commands winds up looking in
"../lib/mrtg2/MRTG_lib.pm" instead of in "/usr/bin/../lib/mrtg2/MRTG_lib.pm"
for the MRTG modules. This only works if you happen to be in "/*/.", no
deeper and no shallower. The problem also occurs for older MRTG RPM's
recompiled under Fedora 1.91.

The newer mrtg-2.10.13 pachage from www.mrtg.org has a bunch of useful
features, including no evidence of this problem. I recommend it, and would
like to encourage an update to this package ASAP for Fedora.

    Nico Kadel-Garcia
    System and Networks Administrator
    Mitsubishi Electric Research Lab
    <nkadel at merl.com>