Call for testing with dual-boot scenarios (or more accurately, call for information)

jonas2 at optimum2.mii.lt jonas2 at optimum2.mii.lt
Tue Apr 13 08:49:59 UTC 2004

Dear Jeremy,

This is not FC2  bug but
very  difficult and importanty problem for all dual system users with
'Not-Install' CDRW's.

It seems that in such a case there is no possibility  to install FC2.
For example, I am using P4 1GB DDR RAM, 3 HD: 40+40+80 GB,
the first is for Win XP vfat, second and third for redhat-9 ext3,
there is TEAC CD-RW ATAPI/IDE drive and
Intel bios: PT84510A.86.A0012.P01.
The system don't boot from CDROM,

Until noe  I was installing by  bootdisk.img.
I hope that in the final release of FC2
users with 'no-install' CD-RW can update to new FC2,
if not, I hope that you suggest how to make my system
'CD-bootable".
That would help my graduate students, too,
some of them are using PC with 'no-install' CD-RW.

Best regards
Jonas Mockus