Re; 4KSTACKS again.

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Wed Apr 14 01:02:40 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 20:57, William Hooper wrote:
> Andy Ross said:
> > William Hooper wrote:
> >> This is a test release.  Period.  Yes, forget about the end user,
> >> because this is a test release.  nVidia's drivers are a black box.
> >> There is no way to tell if they are broken because of a change that a
> >> developer made or a wrong assumption nVidia made.  Using developer
> >> time to probe a black box with a stick is a waste of developer time.
> >
> > And I was _so_ careful to ask that no one flame over this issue. :)
>
> No flame intended.
> [snip]
> > Mind you, I still think that's a poor idea;
>
> It's a poor idea to keep up with the upstream kernel?

I simply don't understand why the option has to be taken out early.  Why
not just ship a kernel with it turned on by default... wouldn't that be
equivalent?  I think that's all the original poster was saying.  It's
certainly what I intended to get across.  Judging by the flame marks on
my back, I failed :-)

Ben
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca