policy/policy-sources differences?

t l concert at europe.com
Thu Apr 15 15:48:24 UTC 2004

I have both policy and policy-sources packages installed (currently, policy-1.11.2-6 and policy-sources-1.11.2.6).

I have 3 questions:

1. Shouldn't both packages install identical files?  Currently, one install (I'm guessing policy-sources) typically leaves ".rpmnew" file/files.  In this last update, it was just file_contexts (and file_contexts.rpmnew), but sometimes its also the policy.1[567] files as well.

2. Doing a "diff -b file_contexts*" produces what appears to be some line reorderings plus a bunch of lines describing "/mnt/build".  I can't find these entries in the src/policy/file_contexts directory.  Should they be there?

3. When there are ".rpmnew" files in /etc/security/selinux/, which ones "should we use"?

Thanks,
   tom
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm