Problem with booting FC2T2

mike mike at bristolreccc.co.uk
Thu Apr 15 16:47:57 UTC 2004

I have just installed test2 on my home PC (third PC installed on)
Apart from the BIOS not recognising the CD as bootable everything went
without a hitch in the install.

However it will not boot at all - it comes up with the grub shell.

Then if I do root(hd0,1) - where my root partition is
I get a message saying "block range ouside BIOS" cant remember exactly,
at work at the moment.

The Hardware is amd K6 500, 256 Mb 20 Gb WDC drive

All I can think of is trying to tell grub to use lba32, but I cant seem
to find how to do it.

Anyone any ideas on this