make xconfig in latest kernel-source show symbo fonts, or which font does make xconfig require

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Thu Apr 15 18:40:35 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 17:27 +0200, Knut J Bjuland wrote:

> make xconfig in latest kernel-source show boxed and starts, or which
> font does make xconfig require? make gconfig does however show a
> readable fonts. The xconfig option show only boxes and starts instead
> offf characters. I have installed all fonts which came along with xorf-x11.

'latest' is not descriptive enough to determine what is going on, that
term changes meaning daily.  Is the service 'xfs' running, and in use by
the X configuration?  Are there no other font related problems on the
system at the same time?
(XF86Config should contain FontPath     "unix/:7100")
--
Andrew Farris, CPE senior (California Polytechnic State University, SLO)
fedora at andrewfarris.com :: lmorgul on irc.freenode.net