Update FC2 after the first install

Hannes Mayer h.mayer at inode.at
Sat Apr 17 12:43:52 UTC 2004

g.clement-e wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have downloaded FC2 Test 2 and I have installed it on my
> laptop, all works well but I'm not able to install any RPM!!!
>
> error: setexeccon(root:staff_r:rpm_script_t) fails from
> context "root:staff_r:staff_t": Invalid argument
> error: %pre(apt-0.5.15cnc6-0.fdr.11.1.91) scriptlet failed,
> exit status 255
> error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping
> apt-0.5.15cnc6-0.fdr.11.1.91
>
> I alwais have this kind of error, I'm not so fluent in SE
> Linux and linux to understand and find the solution, I have
> tried bugzilla, google/linux, list and so one without
> success... Please help me!
>
> G.CLEMENT

Bonjour!

I assume you want to update your system via up2date ?
I had similar problems, but you have the wrong role/domain
in SElinux to perform that action.
Try this:
* "su" to get into root:sysadm_r:sysadm_t (check it with "id -Z")
* then "up2date"
That worked for me (also couldn't dialin to DSL, but after "su" it
worked)

Cheers,
Hannes.