cd ripping problems (no-sound wav's)

Kepa Lyman kepa at oceanvoyages.com
Sun Apr 18 04:21:43 UTC 2004

When ripping cds, using various front-ends (though sound juicer refuses to
even start, says something about not having a plug-in to access CDs), I can
only get blank wav files.  This is using cdparanoia, with kaudiocreator or on
the command line.

my system is up-to date with latest yum update as of this morning, don't know
if anything broke or not becuase I hadn't tried to rip before.

I'm not sure if this is a FC test2 issue or a KDE issue, but with the same
hardware it rips fine under windows/CDex.

Thanks

Kepa