fam: Permission denied.... avc denied...?

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Tue Apr 20 10:11:38 UTC 2004

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 17:20, Matt Hansen <helios82 at optushome.com.au> wrote:
> Off by default!? When was this decided? I thought Red Hat folk had
> decided defaulting to enforcing mode was for the better in the long
> wrong? So, FC2 will ship with SELinux off by default now even though it
> is supposed to be an integral, core part/feature of FC2?? Sorry for all

Being an integral core feature only requires that most things work with it,
which is a goal we are rapidly approaching.

We don't want to force SE Linux on unwilling users, just make it available for
everyone who wants as much security as possible.  Having it default to not
being enabled meets these goals.