(s)locate command failing

Elaine Normandy enormandy at stardel.com
Tue Apr 20 13:00:40 UTC 2004

When I enter locate from user or root, I get

> warning: locate: Could not find the group: slocate in the /etc/group file.
> fatal error: This is a result of the group missing or a corrupted
> group file.

updatedb from root gets similar response

> -- warning: updatedb: Could not find the group: slocate in the
> /etc/group file.
> fatal error: This is a result of the group missing or a corrupted
> group file.

This behavior started a couple of days ago.  I don't use locate a lot, so I can't say exactly when it started, but know I have been able to use it since I started playing with FC2R2.

Elaine Normandy (Colorado Springs)
Weblog: http://www.stardel.com/fiveacres/