Flash memory

Fulko.Hew at sita.aero Fulko.Hew at sita.aero
Wed Apr 21 13:47:36 UTC 2004

> Something has happened between FC1 rawhide and FC2t3. My USB flashcard
> reader is no longer allowing me to access the flash card I use in my
> Yopy PDA - it's not even registering using sg_scan or cdrecord --scanbus
> (as it used to).

My failure is related, but not similar
A few days ago I seem to have lost /dev/sda0 and /dev/sda1 all together.
So I can't do a thing now w.r.t FLASH USB.

... snip ...

> /dev/sda0 points to /dev/video1 (my webcam) though this has never been a
> factor before. All the cables are plugged in (the PC is charging my Yopy
> as I type this).

Also, my USB hotplug doesn't detect any USB devices if I plug them
in _after_ the system is booted.  No one has seems to be able to come
to my aid on this issue, although I have submitted a bugzilla on it.