Flash memory

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Wed Apr 21 13:36:48 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 15:47, Fulko.Hew at sita.aero wrote:

> > Something has happened between FC1 rawhide and FC2t3. My USB flashcard
> > reader is no longer allowing me to access the flash card I use in my
> > Yopy PDA - it's not even registering using sg_scan or cdrecord --scanbus
> > (as it used to).
>
> My failure is related, but not similar
> A few days ago I seem to have lost /dev/sda0 and /dev/sda1 all together.
> So I can't do a thing now w.r.t FLASH USB.

Works for me (again) now that I have recreated the device files:

cd /dev
./MAKEDEV sda
./MAKEDEV sda1

Don't know what you're talking about re "sda0" -- I don't know such a
thing (there's sda and sda1).

> ... snip ...
>
> > /dev/sda0 points to /dev/video1 (my webcam) though this has never been a
> > factor before. All the cables are plugged in (the PC is charging my Yopy
> > as I type this).
>
> Also, my USB hotplug doesn't detect any USB devices if I plug them

Any output from the following command (as root)?

rpm -V dev | fgrep missing

> in _after_ the system is booted.  No one has seems to be able to come
> to my aid on this issue, although I have submitted a bugzilla on it.

There seems to be the misconception that bugzilla was a support tool
;-). It is a bug tracker so developers don't lose track of the bugs and
they may get fixed eventually. For help your best address is here or
maybe fedora-devel-list (or fedora-list once FC2 is final).

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com