problem with ftp installation [x86_64]

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Thu Apr 22 07:19:52 UTC 2004

I have to make a fresh installation and wish to install the current
rawhide tree via ftp installation. After the download of the stage2.img
I get the following message:

   The Fedora Core installation tree in this directory
   seems not to correspond to your boot medium

(translated from the German message text)

I downloaded the boot.iso image from the directory /images of the x86_64
rawhide tree. When the prog asked for the ftp directory I entered a
mirror (located in Germany) and the root directory tree of the
installation (/pub/linux /fedora..../x86_64) where the subdir headers
and Fedora are located. From <alt><F3> I can see:

--------
transferring
   ftp://{mirror]/pub/.../development/x86_64/Fedora/base/stage2.img
copied 77770752 bytes to /tmp/ramfs/stage2.img (complete)
mntloop loop0 on /mnt/runtime as /tmp/ramfs/stage2.img fd is 22
---------

So I think erverything went OK.

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks