problem with ftp installation [x86_64]

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Thu Apr 22 11:35:19 UTC 2004

Peter Boy wrote:
> I have to make a fresh installation and wish to install the current
> rawhide tree via ftp installation. After the download of the stage2.img
> I get the following message:
>
>    The Fedora Core installation tree in this directory
>    seems not to correspond to your boot medium
>
> (translated from the German message text)
>
> I downloaded the boot.iso image from the directory /images of the x86_64
> rawhide tree. When the prog asked for the ftp directory I entered a
> mirror (located in Germany) and the root directory tree of the
> installation (/pub/linux /fedora..../x86_64) where the subdir headers
> and Fedora are located. From <alt><F3> I can see:
>
> --------
> transferring
>    ftp://{mirror]/pub/.../development/x86_64/Fedora/base/stage2.img
> copied 77770752 bytes to /tmp/ramfs/stage2.img (complete)
> mntloop loop0 on /mnt/runtime as /tmp/ramfs/stage2.img fd is 22
> ---------
>
> So I think erverything went OK.
>
> What I'm doing wrong?
>

> Thanks
> Peter

I ran into similar problems when I used the boot.iso a day later than I
downloaded the image. Also, I have had errors when getting the image
from one mirror, then trying to install from another mirror. (either
mirrors were ahead or behind each other)

You having 64 bit install problems, I am not sure what the state of
boot.iso and 64 bit directories are.

Jim