AMD64: Java 1.5 Beta 1 does not work

shmuel siegel fedora at shmuelhome.mine.nu
Thu Apr 22 12:45:34 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 15:13, Thomas Zehetbauer wrote:
> Has anyone succeeded running Java 1.5 Beta 1 on current Fedora
> development build?
>
> According to strace it is causing segmentation fault when calling
> sched_getaffinity().
>
> I have been getting a similar error with the prebuilt MySQL-4.0.18
> binaries but this went away after compiling from source. Unfortunately
> this is not an option with the JDK.
>
> Regards
> Tom

I am not having any problems with it and have not on any version of the
2.6.5 kernels. Even a monster like eclipse can be launched and run using
the sdk vm. I have Selinux in permissive mode.
However it didn't install properly with one of the earlier kernels so I
used my fc1 installation. After a few updates of rpm i reinstalled it
and have been using it for a few weeks.