Firewire

Mark Fonnemann markf78 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 22 21:20:24 UTC 2004

Joao-

>I had problems when I installed  fedora core 1 on my laptop (hp pavilion
>ze5600) due to the firewire. I would like to know if fedora core 2 test2
resolves
>this problem.

firewire support was terrible on FC1!! do yourself a favour and install FC2
test2... i'm using FC2 test2 with kernel-2.6.3-2.1.253.2.1 (i think that was
default) and my iomega firewire 750mb drive works great!! one caveat: before
you install FC2 test2 issue this command "/sbin/chkconfig kudzu off" (no
quotes). otherwise, FC2 test2 will kernel panic and you will not be able to
boot your system. but that combination has been stable since installation.

mark. :-)