Fedora Core 3

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sat Apr 24 05:31:24 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 21:08, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Tom Diehl (tdiehl at rogueind.com) said:
> > > btw - speaking of cron, what about fcron instead of cron? ;)
> >
> > What would be the point? Granted I have never heard of fcron but I see
> > nothing wrong with the existing crond.
>
> AFAIK, fcron had pam and was working on SELinux support. ICBW, though.
>
> The main thing, if it *is* better, is making sure there's a stable
> & easy migration (i.e., users don't have to reedit their crontabs).

For what it's worth - I had no issues with fcrontab and standard
crontabs. The /etc/cron.schedule stuff even worked flawlessly with an
appropriate systab.

It supported every "standard cron" option I ever used, and eliminated
the need completely to use anacron. A "one package" solution so to
speak.

--
Cheap Linux CD's - http://mpeters.us/linux/