file fragmentation, torrents, azureus ?!?!?! Sluggishperform ance?

t l concert at europe.com
Wed Apr 28 14:23:22 UTC 2004

First, thanks to Jay for excellent response.  I was too quick to blame j2sdk.
After cleaning up the fragmented files, I restarted azureus and java stabilized.
(I should have guessed when killing it made no appreciable improvement).

Next, his suggestion to search out and set a config in azureus was also right on.
There is a check-box in the Files section for "Allocate and zero new files on
creation - Minimized fragmentation".  It defaults to "unchecked".  I suggest
you check this BEFORE starting the torrent ;)

After doing a "copy/remove/rename" on each of the fragmented files, things
appear to be back to normal.

Thanks for the help,
   tom