lvm2 problems

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at verizon.net
Thu Apr 29 01:46:59 UTC 2004

Neal Becker wrote:

> I am running FC2 (from developement).  Root is on Raid0 lvm2, created by
> FC2T1.
>
> When I boot lately, I'm seeing messages about not being able to find
> device with uuid xxxx....
>
> I just ran lvdisplay to see what it would say, and it looks like the same
> message I saw at boot time:
>

> /usr/sbin/lvdisplay
>   Couldn't find device with uuid '2adyAl-cmc6-kSXj-a7Nu-IPmg-YF0e-5ERd6y'.
>   Couldn't find all physical volumes for volume group Volume00.
>   Volume group "Volume00" not found
>
> It is not fatal, because it manages to mount anyway:
>
> mount
> /dev/mapper/Volume00-LogVol00 on / type ext3 (rw)
>
> Do I need to do something?

Here is some more info:

/usr/sbin/pvdisplay
  Couldn't find device with uuid '2adyAl-cmc6-kSXj-a7Nu-IPmg-YF0e-5ERd6y'.
  --- Physical volume ---
  PV Name               /dev/sda2
  VG Name               Volume00
  PV Size               73.24 GB / not usable 0
  Allocatable           yes (but full)
  PE Size (KByte)       4096
  Total PE              18749
  Free PE               0
  Allocated PE          18749
  PV UUID               wwpCTJ-Yc4C-EARb-1jnt-YPJE-TMGm-c845g8

  --- Physical volume ---
  PV Name               unknown device
  VG Name               Volume00
  PV Size               73.24 GB / not usable 0
  Allocatable           yes
  PE Size (KByte)       4096
  Total PE              18749
  Free PE               2
  Allocated PE          18747
  PV UUID               2adyAl-cmc6-kSXj-a7Nu-IPmg-YF0e-5ERd6y