i810 graphics with X.org on Sony VAIO Laptop

Jerry Dueitt jdueitt at bu.edu
Thu Apr 29 01:15:33 UTC 2004

I am running a FC2T1 install that I have continuously kept up2date,
typically via up2date, but sometimes using yum if up2date refused to work.
But anyways, I am now up to Test 3 status. However, after installing the
updates that brought me to Test 3 an issue came up. Now everytime I boot X
tries to run at 640x480. Consultation of the X.org.log reveals this error:
(II) I810(0): not using default mode "1024x768" (bad mode
clock/interlace/double scan)
(II) I810(0): Not using mode "1024x768" (no mode of this name)
(--) I810(0): Virtual size is 640x480 (pitch 1024)

Does anyone know why this occurs and how to fix it. I have the DVD ISO
downloaded and can burn that if a fresh install is the solution. I mean
this system has just be updated through the various test versions. I
haven't seen anaconda in a while so maybe I should... I just don't want to
if I can avoid doing a reinstall before the final.

-Jerry.