x configuration etc

Barz Ashley ashleybarz at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 29 06:27:55 UTC 2004

Ive successfully install Fedora core2 test3.

AMD 2400+
K7S5a pro mainboard
256 "slow" sdram
80 gig maxtor
evga mx 440 8x 128mb ddr
LG dvd rom
Sony CD-RW "oldZ" 8x4x24
partition as
/boot
/
/home
/swap

Installation as
Gnome

the display I installed as a generic 800x600 as to
have a working display. No hardware detection ever
detects it properly accept Lindows.

Then when I went to change the resulution, it asks
like normal to log out and then in to see affect.
It does not work, tried a few times.
Also tried xf86cfg but there is none.
Do you still use xfree86?
Also mozilla acts strangly, will not bring windows to
the front when opening a new window.
I updated ala up2date, it needs to be updated as well
, I tried yum, and could not update it. everything
else updated fine through up2date even with the
warnings.