x86_64 media players

Mark Lane mark at harddata.com
Thu Apr 29 16:01:41 UTC 2004

On April 25, 2004 11:42 am, Satish Balay <balay at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Apr 2004, shrek-m at gmx.de wrote:
> > Neal Becker wrote:

> > >How?
> >
> > perhaps:
> >
> > download the source  http://www.mplayerhq.hu/
> >
> > $ cd /usr/local/MPlayer*
> > $ ./configure --help | less
>
> How about just point yum to i386 repostioris - and let it take care of
> the dependencies?

Well it doesn't do a bad job but you will need to install by hand (with
--force) any i386 packages in which their x86_64 counterparts have already
been installed. Also you would need to point at the freshrpms or another
addon repository as mplayer is not in Fedora Core.

Mark Lane, CET mailto:mark at harddata.com
Hard Data Ltd. http://www.harddata.com
T: 01-780-456-9771   F: 01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue Edmonton, AB, Canada, T5X 1Y3
--> Ask me about our Excellent 1U Systems! <--