ARRGH! Metacity is killing me.

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Fri Apr 30 09:42:27 UTC 2004

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 12:11:43AM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> The question is: how can I change the window manager Gnome uses to something
> a little more _flexible?

I found no way to integrate Enlightenment as nice as in RH 6.2 and
7.x anymore. Metacity sucks hard, agreed. I know the blues. Voiced it
here before IIRC. :-)

Especially that you can't just drag windows to adjacent workspaces.
Or switch workplaces just be hitting the screen edge with the mouse.
Or force window stacking ("always on top") for certain windows.
Or ...

*sigh*

Regards,
Daniel