FC3T1 Gnome Errors

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Tue Aug 3 13:07:40 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 03 August 2004 03:54, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> > Changing to bluecurve:
> >
> > ========== Error Message Boxes (2) ======
> > The Application "wnck-applet" has quit unexpectedly.
>
> 	We need a stack trace for that - preferably with the gnome-panel
> debuginfo package installed.

Other than the first time I tried changing the themes (in spite of the
error messsage in my previous note that said it may not work) this
hasn't happened again.  I believe it has to do with the fact that I
no longer have all the normal items in the bottom panel/menu bar;
task switching area, desktop selection area, etc.

See www.futzin.com/menubar.jpg

Assuming that I can duplicate this error message, I have done the more
straight forward "strace <whatever>" at the CLI but I've never been
much of a GUI type. Would it simply be to issue the command "strace
gnome-themes" at the CLI? If not, is there a guide for setting this
up that you can point to?

Regards, Mike Klinke