Current top display

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sun Aug 8 21:26:51 UTC 2004

Sorry but I'm not sure where to post this question.

Its really a basic help question but I'm running
FC3T1 so not sure the display of top is the same elsewhere.

But to cut to the chase... I've never been able to find in the man
page or the onboard top help (accessed with ?) what the abbreviations
in the summary area mean. Particularly the line with percentages.
Some are self explanatory but to me... not many

I'm talking about this line(wrapped for mail):

Cpu(s):  0.7% us,  1.0% sy,  0.0% ni, 98.3% id,  0.0% wa,
   0.0% hi,  0.0% si

I've listed the actual fields and my interpretation, or lack of it,
under them:

0.7% us,  1.0% sy,  0.0% ni, 98.3% id,  0.0% wa,  \
[ user     system     ?       idle       ?(wait)

  0.0% hi,  0.0% si