FC3 test 1 and NE 2000

Roland Leurs roland.leurs at home.nl
Fri Aug 20 10:49:33 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 06:54, Jörn Rink wrote:

> Hi,
> am i right that you want to install an ISA NE2000 card?
> This is even not possible with Fedora Core 2.
> The kernel module for such device is missing. When i remember correctly,
> the module is missing not only in the installation kernel, it is also
> missing in the installed kernel. You have to install Core 3 and the
> kernel source and make your own kernel. But it sounds to be better to
> do this not on your P 350.

Hello,

Yes it's true I want to install an ISA NE2000 card. If that isn't
possible it should not appear on the list of available drivers (IMHO).
But the strange thing is that it seems to load without warnings (on
installation and installed kernel), except the installation and
configuration tools don't know it. As I wrote in my message, after
installing and configuring the NE2000 manually, it runs fine. No problem
anymore.

As Alan Cox suggested, I made a new record in Bugzilla. We'll see what
happens. For me it's not urgent anymore. Just for other people with a
similar configuration.

Kind regards,
Roland Leurs