X for i810 video is still not working with xorg-x11-6.7.99.902-6

Mike A. Harris mharris at www.linux.org.uk
Thu Aug 26 16:07:03 UTC 2004

Jim Cornette wrote:
> This sounds reasonable. Thanks for the approximate timeframe from CVS
> checkin to available in rawhide.
>
> BTW - the --target i686 worked flawlessly in generating the rpms for the
> 902-4 build. The seperation work for different archs must be heading
> down the right path.

I was able to find a nice clean way to access the canonicalized
architecture name, by using %{_arch} in the spec file, and using
"ulimit -i" in the script I wrote.  This works fantastic on all
architectures tested so far, and can be patched for others we
don't build on if anyone tries the newer packages and has problems,
ie: sparc/alpha/etc.

So, for x86, the canonical name is "i386", even if you build for
i686/athlon/etc., so it should still work ok.  ;o)

Thanks for testing.