Xorg corrupt after a failed install from Rawhide (How to recover)

Williams Jr, Ernest L. ernesto at ornl.gov
Sat Aug 28 13:02:37 UTC 2004

Hi,

I tried to install "xorg-x11" via up2date from rawhide a few days ago on my FC3T1 desktop.
The retrieval wnet okay.  As a matter of fact, I tried to update a lot of things including the kernel and many other packages.  Maybe, I tried to do too much at once.

Anyway during the installation phase xorg-X11 installation failed; therefore up2date aborted before completing everything.

How does one recover?

I removed the xorg-xll packages.

Now I try:
[root at matrix root]# yum install 'xorg-x11*'
Server: Fedora Core 2 - Development Tree

However, yum appears to be hung since nothing is happening

Thanks,
Ernesto