CUPS definately hosed

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 00:24:46 UTC 2004

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 01:13:51 +0100, Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
> Looking harder this time, I can start system-config-printer, but when I
> try to edit the printer, that's when the disk thrashing starts. Any way
> of tracing if it's cups gone mad?

not to beat a dead horse... but i can edit my printer definition via
system-config-printer without the cups service running. The cups
service doesnt get started till i hit the apply button.

Try stopping the cups service... make sure everything looks okay with
cups stopped
then run s-c-printer and edit the entry... see if it thrashes before
you hit apply... if it thrashes see if the cups process was
restarted...

-jef