JFS support in init scripts?

Jurgen Kramer gtm.kramer at inter.nl.net
Thu Dec 2 18:59:16 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 11:28 -0500, Noah Silva [Mailing list] wrote:
> I didn't see this in bugzilla, but then again it may be a "We don't
> officially support JFS" issue.
>
> I have several large JFS partitions andon every fecdora (and in rawhide
> now) there is an issue that if the machien is uncleanly shut down, I have
> to mount the drives manually at boot-up.
>
> To be clear:
>
> JFS doesn't auto-replay journal upon mounting, you have to run fsck.jfs to
> do that.  I added hacks to my rc.local, but that doesn't help anyone else.

I have the exact same problem (also had it with FC2). It would be nice
if other filesystems then ext3 are automatically checked as well. But
even ext3 checking probably needs some works, 8 out of 10 times it ends
up with saying (something like) "an error occurred checking the
drive..please do it again manually". This is mostly a bogus error,
checking manually doesn't reveal any other errors. Not really rock
solid...

Jurgen