Fedora Core 3 Test Update: boost-1.32.0-3.fc3

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz at redhat.com
Fri Dec 3 19:36:44 UTC 2004

>I'm still wondering about whether it is necessary to ship both single and
>multi-threaded versions of the boost libs.  Do you have any thoughts?

I don't think we need to ship anything but boost threads in single/mt
configs. At least, that's what I gather from my non-rpm builds. Do you
agree? If so, I'll change the bugzilla report you opened to reflect
that, or should another be opened?

I would prefer this linkage issue to be handled by a policy in the
threads package, but that is a design issue, not a packaging issue.
However, wishing is fun, and it's a Friday, so I can't help it.

Anyway. I'll work on this specific issue in a bit, after I get feedback
from Rene, okay?

best,
benjamin