Automatic Installation of CUPS

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Dec 8 04:23:10 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 17:51 -0500, Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:
> as I am having with Fedora Core.  If you spent more time trying to give good
> advice instead of making snide remarks, I would not have had to post this in
> the first place.

I believe some issues with print sharing are due to bad firewall rules,
as was the case with some SMB issues.  In any case, the CUPS server
should be installed by default already, and all you have to do after you
add the printer is run system-config-printer (Applications->System
Settings->Printing) and for your printer, right-click and choose
sharing, or use the Action menu and choose Sharing.

So every piece is there except autodetection and autoinstallation of the
printer you have connected, correct?

Dan