FC3: Problems with mounting USB harddisk

Stephan Groß st.gross at gmx.de
Thu Dec 9 20:57:05 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to use my external USB harddisk under FC3. When I plug in the disk
it is recognized by hald and the /etc/fstab is (correctly) modified (see
attachment). But if an unpriviledged user mounts one of the ext3 partitions
he only has read access but no write access on it. Only root is alowed to
read AND write to the partition. If the partition is formated as FAT the user
mounting it has both read and write access to it. Short question: Is it
possible to get read-write access for ext3 partitions and if yes, how must I
adjust my config?

Thank you for some advice.

Regards,
Stephan.