disklabel

Joshua Andrews josh at wavefood.com
Sun Dec 12 20:19:19 UTC 2004

Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:

>søn, 12.12.2004 kl. 17.55 skrev Manu Abraham:

>>>Comment out the lines, add new lines for the same stuff. Then plug it
>>>in, boot, mount the volumes, copy the stuff, shutdown, unplug, and
>>>uncomment the lines again.
>>>

>>That's what i temporarily did to solve the problem...
>>
>>Manu
>>

>Sometimes, the simplest solution is the best solution :)

I don't really understand the need for disk labels in fstab at all, in
fact it has always caused me more problems while not doing anything
helpful that I am aware of.

I would like to remove labels from some partitions. I have relabeled
partitions but I'm not quite sure how to safely remove labels.

-Joshua