Testing - kernel-2.6.9-1.715_FC3 panics on GUI Exit

Alexandre Strube surak at casa.surak.eti.br
Wed Dec 15 14:48:55 UTC 2004

Em Qua, 2004-12-15 às 09:36 -0500, Dan Williams escreveu:
> > The problem seems to be triggered when exiting the GUI. When booting in
> > runlevel 5 and logging out of X, the hourglass stays in the center of
> > the screen and the caplocks light flashes.
> > When booted into runlevel 3 and closing down, the text on the screen
> > displays a series of numbers and states that it has a panic condition
> > and the cap-locks light is flashing.
> Known issue and has been fixed already in later kernels than FC3 (.906
> and later I believe), and at some point I assume it will be pushed down
> to FC3.

Gosh, please. I've been using my fedora3 machines logged on every time
since I realized this. The session I'm writing this is up for 6 days.

> Do you happen to have a ThinkPad T31, or a Radeon graphics card?

No. An FIC Motherboard with VIA chipset, integrated SavagePro DDR video
chip. All of them use amd chipsets.

> Does your panic backtrace look anything like this?

I don't know. How do I look at it?

      *
--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 Four Vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group