X.org X11 6.8.2rc1 (xorg-x11-6.8.1.901) release candidate 1 now in Fedora Development for testing

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Dec 23 04:26:23 UTC 2004

Mike A. Harris wrote:
> X.Org X11 6.8.2rc1 a.k.a 6.8.1.901 is now in Fedora Development

There is one bug that I'm experiencing with kernels later than
kernel-2.6.9-1.681_FC3 in which a computer with either a i810 or the
computer with the Radeon card will lock up the machine randomly. An easy
trigger for the problem is to change to a virtual terminal, then switch
back to the GUI.

This is an excerpt of the last few Xorg.0.log before the crashing of the
computer. (no response from keyboard, garbage on top line of display, no
activity, but the pre-crash information is still on the display.

Jim

Running the versions of kernel-2.6.9-1.1048_FC4 and xorg-x11-6.8.1.901-1.

(**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event1"
(--) Synaptics synaptics touchpad found
(**) Option "AlwaysCore"
(**) Synaptics: always reports core events
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Synaptics" (type: MOUSE)
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Keyboard0" (type: KEYBOARD)
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse0" (type: MOUSE)
Synaptics DeviceInit called
SynapticsCtrl called.
(II) Mouse0: ps2EnableDataReporting: succeeded
Synaptics DeviceOn called
(--) Synaptics synaptics touchpad found
Synaptics DeviceOff called
(WW) Open APM failed (/dev/apm_bios) (No such file or directory)
(II) RADEON(0): [RESUME] Attempting to re-init Radeon hardware.
(II) RADEON(0): [agp] Mode 0x0f000207 [AGP 0x1002/0xcab0; Card
0x1002/0x4336]
Synaptics DeviceOn called

--
If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom;
and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money it values more, it