Installing on SATA drives?

Rob Myers rob.myers at gtri.gatech.edu
Wed Feb 4 01:37:36 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 16:38, Rob Myers wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 13:39, Douglas Kilpatrick wrote:
> the ide siimage patch which is working well for me with one disk on
> 2.6.2-rc2 is here against 2.6.0-test11:
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/bart/2.6.0-test11-bart1/broken-out/ide-siimage-sil3114.patch
>
> > Those patches similar enough to the kernel in Fedora to make integrating
> > into the rpm reasonable?
>
> i integrated the siimage patch into the kernel 2166 rpms available here:
> http://www.stl.gtri.gatech.edu/fedora/x86_64/sil3114/

i respun fc1 from http://fedora.linux.duke.edu/fc1_x86_64/x86_64/ and
added all the updates, plus the 2116+sil3114 kernel i made earlier.  it
seems to install fine via http and text mode.  however, there was a
pivotroot try passing init= error when it tried to boot it up.  anyway,
if you want to try your luck everything is here:
http://www.stl.gtri.gatech.edu/fedora/sil3114-test/

let me know if it works or if it eats your data...

cheers

rob.