Fedora core development <W00t>

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Fri Feb 6 20:33:50 UTC 2004

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, shrek-m at gmx.de wrote:

> Norman Madden wrote:
>
> >I downloaded the core 2 beta last night.
> >I burned the boot.iso to a mini cd and did the ftp install off: mirror.
> >hiwaay.net
> >
> >from directory:
> >redhat/fedora/linux/core/development/i386
> >

> is this really the official  "fedora core 2 test1"  ??
> ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/RELEASE-NOTES-x86-en.html

This is rawhide!! You are getting a sneak preview of what is to come.

> i would expect it here, eg:
> ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/test/  /1.96/

Once it is released it should be here. It has NOT been released yet.

> http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule/
> 2 february , test1,  DELAYED

Note the word delayed above. Please be patient. This stuff takes time
and shows why Red Hat never publically released the dates of RHL until
it was actually released.

......Tom