x86_64 and Radeon 9600

Joe Cooper joe at swelltech.com
Sat Feb 7 05:09:51 UTC 2004

You'll likely be able to use "vesa" in the interim (and that's why
graphics worked during the installation--it uses a simple vesa driver
for the graphical install).  I have the same hardware (almost exactly),
but with a Radeon 9200...the video card is detected but it goes black
when I try to use the radeon drive, and only a reboot can bring it back
to life.  Anyway, vesa works for me, though it is tragically slow at
1600x1400.

I would be curious why the radeon driver (which works fine on my Athlon
XP at home with the same card) fails on my x86_64 box at the office, though.

--
Joe Cooper <joe at swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.