Re: Fedora Core 1 Test Update: spamassassin-2.63-0.1

Randal, Phil wrote:
Is this not a bit of overkill for FC1?

I rolled my own spamassassin-2.63 RPM by basically rebuilding FC1's
spamassassin-2.60 RPM with the SA 2.63 tar.gz file.

If what we had was adequate for FC1, why not the same approach for the
update?

And sort it out properly for FC2?

Cheers,

Phil

I understand your concern, but...
1) This is why we have an extended test period for a bug fix release, since it is nowhere near urgent to release this like a security update.
2) I personally have used this package in production for weeks with seemingly good results.
3) Notice how the bug was only a corner case where an attempt of a "proper" semi-artificial dependency was created. Thanks to this issue I personally understand the pre-FC2 perl problem better now. I also now understand why fedora.us has packaged perl modules in a certain way, because they had already realized this problem long ago.

Warren