Problems with Disc3 of binaries

Wes Shull wes at kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu
Sun Feb 15 04:25:44 UTC 2004

Alan <alan at clueserver.org> wrote:

> I run the install and test
> each disc.  Discs 1, 2, and 4 check out fine, but disc 3 fails the
> test.
[...]
> (XCDRoast will not verify under
> the 2.6 kernel because it thinks data cds are audio discs for some
> unknown reason.)

I don't have an answer to your problem, but if you have the cdrecord
package installed, you can verify an image burned to cd/dvd pretty
easily:

readcd dev=<dev> f=- | cmp whatever.iso

where if you're on the old 2.4 stuff <dev> is gonna be some scsi
device spec (you'll need ide-scsi loaded if it's really an ATAPI
drive), and with the new cdrecord package for 2.6 since ide-scsi is
gone and no longer needed (yay!) it could be something
like /dev/cdrom.

You can probably substitute something like "dd bs=2048 if=<dev>" for
readcd, but I haven't tried it.

--wes (and I repeat...  ide-scsi is gone, YAY!)